Massage for the Soul
Massage is a general term for pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Massage may range from light stroking to deep pressure. There are many different types of massage, including these common types:
- Swedish massage.This is a gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping to help relax and energize you.
- This is a gentle form of massage using plant materials and aromatic plant oils, including essential oils, and other aroma compounds for improving psychological or physical well-being.
- Hot Stone Therapy. Hot stone massage is a natural therapy in which warmed stones are used to massage areas of tension as well as relax parts of the client’s body to maximize the therapeutic benefit.
- Deep Massage.This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, commonly to help with muscle damage from injuries.
- Sports Massage.This is similar to Swedish massage, but it’s geared toward people involved in sport activities to help prevent or treat injuries.
- Trigger Point Massage.This massage focuses on areas of tight muscle fibres that can form in your muscles after injuries or overuse.
- Warm Bamboo Massage. Bamboo massageincorporates smooth bamboo sticks to provide for more effective deep-tissue work. The warmed bamboo promotes a deep sense of relaxation of all muscle groups as different length sticks are used to suit purpose.
- Acupressure Massage. This amazingly life changing treatment uses acupressure trigger points to release tension, increase the circulation of blood, and heighten the body’s life force energy to aid healing.
In years gone by massage of any description has been seen as a luxury treatment that one had as a treat or received as a welcome gift.
The reality is Massage is essential to maintain optimum health especially as it is a Natural Therapy that is carried out by an experienced and knowledgeable Health Practitioner who will at the same time offer you invaluable Health Advice alongside a wealth of health benefits.
Body Massage experienced on a regular basis provides holistic and therapeutic relief to people of all ages and all walks of life, from the stay at home mum to the stressed business person.
It offers a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach to wellness based on the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
Most people usually experience their first body massage as a result of an injury as they are seeking to rid themselves of muscular pain. This of course is a must in these situations as the longer any injury stays in the soft tissues of the body the more embedded the issues become.
Making a regular monthly appointment to see your massage therapist is excellent advice if you wish to remain in the best of health emotionally physically and spiritually as the treatment allows the body to flow back into a mode of complete relaxation which we call a state of Homeostasis.
Massage will most definitely loosen up those tight tense muscle fibres and ease the tension held within the body’s tissues, allowing you an improved range of movements and flexibility. This is due to enhanced circulation which in turn will stimulate your lymphatic system to help rid your body of toxins and waste products which not only take up space but cause your body harm. There will also be a release of endorphins; the body’s natural painkiller which will help rid you of chronic pain.
You will see benefits and improvements such as the following:
- Digestive disorders
- Increased joint flexibility
- Insomnia related to stress
- Lower blood pressure
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Pain relief from migraine
- Reduce oedema
- Reduced Muscle spasms/cramping
- Relaxation of Injured and overused muscles
- Sleep issues
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Stress relief
- Temporomandibular joint pain
Think of the way you maintain your car. It has a regular service to keep it functioning and an annual MOT to make sure it is safe.
You need to think of your Body in the exact same way. Book for a regular massage session to make sure you are functioning optimally, rather than waiting for a break down either in the body as a physical manifestation or in the mind emerging in emotional issues such as stress and anxiety. You have one body-take care of it!